Happy Paddlers believe in honesty, fairness, flexibility, and live by the golden rule.
We take great pride and care in our relationships and strive to do what's right by you, our guests.
All payments will be made in full at time of booking. Once payment has been made, a receipt will be emailed to confirm your reservation. We will not cancel a program in the event of minor inclement weather, however, all programs will be canceled in the event of unsuitable or unsafe conditions*. Rain is not unsafe - we will provide rain ponchos. If we decide to cancel due to an emergency or extreme weather, you may reschedule or receive a full refund. In the event of a cancellation, we will make every attempt to contact you in a timely fashion. Cancellations made up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled event will receive a 75% refund. Cancellations made the day of the program will receive a 50% refund. No shows will receive no refund. In order to ensure a safe and happy environment, we reserve the right to deny, abort, or refuse services at our discretion.
* Lightning within 30 miles, wind in excess of 20 mph, air temperature below 55 degrees F, unexpectedly low water level
Essential Eligibility Criteria
All programs are open to all individuals who meet the following essential eligibility criteria.
Participants must be:
1. 18 years or older, or be accompanied by an adult.
2. Able to listen, understand and follow instructions independently or with the assistance of a companion or adaptation if needed.
3. Able to manage all personal care and mobility independently or with the assistance of a companion who accompanies the participant though the duration of the program.
4. Able to properly enter and exit a kayak independently or with the assistance of a companion, following instruction.
5. Comfortable in or on the water during all programs, including independently floating on back while wearing a properly fitted personal flotation device, independently turning from a face-down position to a face-up position while wearing a properly fitted personal flotation device, and holding breath while underwater.
6. Able to maintain a properly balanced, upright position while seated in a kayak, with adaptations if needed (adaptations providing head or neck or back support will be accepted).
7. Able to exit kayak independently following a capsize and re-enter kayak independently from deep water, with adaptations if needed, following instruction.
8. Able to propel the kayak through the water in a responsible manner and return it back to the launching area independently, with the use of adaptations if necessary, or with the assistance of a partner if in a tandem kayak.
9. Able to meet the above criteria in all safe and reasonable conditions including but not limited to waves, wind, rain, or similar conditions.
10. Not under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medication which may impair one's abilities or judgment.
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy the following notice explains the information we may collect, how it is used, how it is safeguarded.
What information may be collected:
Name(s), billing address(es), credit/debit card information, e-mail address(es), and/or phone number(s).
How that information is used:
All information collected is used in order to process payments and/or to contact you with information regarding your reservation or in the case of payment complications. This information is used for these purposes only. We will not share your personal information with anyone other than parties directly associated with the processing of payments. We will not sell, lease, exchange, or provide your personal information with any other person or company.
By signing the waiver prior to your event, you agree to permit the use of any photographs taken during these activities for publicity, advertising, promotion or other commercial purpose. Of course, we would let you know, so simply let us know otherwise if you object for any reason.